Saturday 22 June 2013

Leafy Sympathy Card

Hello, I hope everyone had a good and crafty week.

As I have had the day off work to take my mum to the hospital, I am trying not to watch Create and Craft so I wont order any Christmas dies.  I really must use up some of my Christmas stash before getting ANYTHING else.  Only crafty people wont be shocked that I am talking about Christmas in June!

This card is about as different as you can get from my usual flowery cards, as it is obviously for a sad occasion and also took very little 'putting together' but longer to design on the PC.  It was done a while ago for OHs family as his aunt had sadly passed away.


The card was designed in My Craft Studio Elite (I can't remember which CD as I have so many).  I use MCS for inserts all the time, and some of their images are just beautiful like the ones on their Floriography CD, but there are lots of others that I use regularly (which is why I try so hard not to buy paper when I go to craft shows!).  It is 5.5 x 5.5 and I also made a co-ordinating envelope using the Enveloper and an insert using MCS.


I always struggle to find sentiments for this sort of occasion, but I did find this poem when I was looking for verses for my great aunts memorial cards, and thought it appropriate for this card too.  


As the card is fairly simple to put together there wasn't even a blooper!  For me any combination of wet glue, glitter glue, double sided tape, glitter and a hot glue gun usually have blooper written all over them, I couldn't tell you how many times I have put something down on top of something that is drying!!

Anyway, that's all from me for today.  Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. This is a super card Melanie~I always struggle with ideas for sympathy cards, so I will have to check through my M.C.S stash to see if I can find this image (it could take a long time though, as like you I have loads!) TFS. Spellbinderx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie. Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I will have a look through my MCS discs but I have got LOADS so it may take me a while. I will send you a message if I find it. Thanks again.

      Melanie
      x

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!