Friday 28 June 2013

My Craft Studio Samples ... how exciting!

Hello again, not much sunshine the last few days but at least we can all craft if we can't go outside!

This last week has been very good in lots of ways, first of all my amazing mum had a major op but is recovering marvellously which is a big relief to all of us.  Secondly a week or so ago I saw on the MCS Forum that they were asking for people to volunteer to do some samples for a Pick of the Week on Create and Craft TV, so I thought I would have a go.

Now I am not very brave with my cards as I only make them for me and my mum to send and maybe one or two close friends.  Plus I have only recently started my blog, and I don't join in any challenges because I work full time and I always nit pick about my own cards, but I thought I should just give it a try anyway.

After sending off three sample cards to MCS I got a lovely email from Diane at MCS thanking me for my samples and that she really liked them.  To be honest, I thought that LOADS of people would have done samples and we all would have had the same email, so didn't think much more of it and certainly didn't think they would use them on TV.

Imagine my shock when I watched the launch programme back on Friday evening (the actual programme had been on at 12 noon when I was at work) when Diane was showing samples and held up this card and said that I had made it:


Now personally, this was my least favourite out of the three as even though I loved the butterfly background paper I thought that the Epiphany oval made the pink behind the butterfly look a funny colour and also that the ink that I used on the edge of the flowers (Delicate Asters) wasn't dark enough, but it still got shown on TV, I was so chuffed!  Especially as some of the cards made by the other Forum members were absolutely lovely and much more intricate and pretty than mine.  Oh and notice the leaves that I had left over from when  I made the Heartfelt Birthday Card - I still have some left so you will probably see them again!

This next card was shown on the 5pm show and I had just said to my son that one of my cards might be shown on the programme ... he actually snorted with laughter at the thought!  Just then Diane was demoing on the PC showing the image of the topper I have used in the card below and said "and you can see what Melanie has done by adding embellishments to this topper".  My son was absolutely stunned, I definitely got the last laugh there!


I did notice that when they showed the card later one of the pearls had gone missing from the longer bauble, and also that the glitter I used on the snowflakes doesn't show up very well but was very pleased to have had two shown out of the three I made.

I had only managed to catch bits of each programme as I was visiting the hospital on Friday when most of the programmes were on but on Saturday when mum was home again we sat down and watched the 1pm show.  My mum was so pleased when they showed the card above and then they followed it by showing the card below, making three out of three shown.


This card was actually my favourite out of the three, I really liked the snowflake background paper in the darker blue which I faded out for the lighter blue section at the top, then I just punched and die cut some snowflakes, but I really liked the combination of the silver, white and blue.

Anyway enough showing off, but I really do want to thank Diane from MCS for showing them, I know there are loads of sample makers out there who make some really stunning cards but for me to get my little cards shown really was thrilling.

Have a great week and thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. How fantastic your cards were shown - we are always so critical f our own work. They are lovely, so glad you posted them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie, just started following your blog, saw your cards on the telly, fabulous, loved them all, found your blog from MCS forum Irene xx (eneri)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene, I sooo nearly didn't send them! Thanks for your comment too.

      Melanie
      x

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!