Saturday 20 July 2013

Feminine Sympathy Card

Another absolutely lovely week. I know this probably makes me a big old moaner but it's a bit too hot for me ... I can cope with the heat, but the humidity makes me feel like a limp lettuce leaf!

Anyway this is a card that I made for my aunt who sadly passed away after a short illness last year.  I didn't want to do a very dark or fussy sympathy card as this lady was always so full of the joys, could organise anything at the drop of a hat and was always on the go, so I kept it fairly plain but used pink rather than grey or black ink.

More apologies here for my photography, I made this card round at my mums house rather than in my usual crafting spot so the photos aren't that great and I just propped it up on one of my mums chairs!


I started off with an 8x8 card and did a plain mat of centura pearl white card.  Next up I embossed a plain white piece of super smooth card using my Regal Mbossability embossing folder.  I usually use MCS super smooth when doing matt white or centura pearl when I want a bit of sheen to the card.


I had already printed the sentiment off in Word, which I printed off several time on the sheet in slightly different colours, matching it as closely to the Jenny Bowlin Chewing Gum pink ink pad I used on the die cuts as I could.   The dies I used are Moroccan Accents for the long borders and the piece behind the sentiment and Spellbinders Crosses 2 for the centre.


All that was left to do was to ink the cross and the edges of everything else with my Ink Dusters and I was finished.  I was quite glad that I did this at mums, as I would probably have carried on adding pearls and things if I was in my usual crafty spot - knowing when to stop with cards is definitely one of my failings!

Anyway that's it for this week, let me know what you think and thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!