Wednesday 10 July 2013

Wordbook for 18th Birthday

Hello.  I hope everyone has had a great and crafty week.

Today I 've got an 18th Birthday Card that I made a little while ago, I have covered up the actual photos of Josie as I didn't know if she would want them on show.  I loved doing this card and it was one of my first Wordbook Cards.  I used Funky Hand's Funky Word Book CD for the letters which is one of their older CDs but I still use the Papercraft Factory CDs for background papers.  Seeing this again makes me want to do another one!

Big apologies for the photography, this was before my 'put everything in front of a white card' stage, so I have tried to crop out as much of my messy desk as possible.


There is not really much to these cards apart from lots of cutting out, levelling off and then punching two holes in the end, and then you can embellish to your hearts content. I have got a Bind it All, but find when doing Wordbooks that mostly I prefer the look I get by just using my Cropadile II and just punching two holes and threading ribbon through it.

As you can see from the (not very good) photos, I didn't skimp on the glitter or gems!  Although you can't see it very well on the photo above I dotted a Quickie Glue Pen into the centre of each circle in the patterned paper and then tipped glitter over it in different colours depending on the page.

The frames for all the photos I used in this card are made using my trusty old Slice Machine and then I sprayed them with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle.


Even though die cutting has come on massively in the last couple of years, I still get the Slice machine out now and again to cut out embellishments!

The balloons and candle embellishments on the picture below were confetti type things that I'd had in my craft box for years, but thought they fitted in quite nicely with the theme and the Happy Birthday along the bottom is a peel off.


The back of the word book was printed but not embellished as I wanted it to sit in it's box okay.  (Please don't look at the messy desk ... although it looks A LOT worse now than it did then!!)


The nearest I got to a blooper on this one was that I didn't cut the hole for the 18 quite high enough on the box but all in all, not too bad, and I have made much worse mistakes than that!

Hope everyone has a great week and thanks for taking a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!