Saturday 21 September 2013

Thinking of You card with a fake bow

Good afternoon all, I hope you have had a great week.

This week's card is another one that was inspired by Sue Wilson's blog (link to Particraft).  I made this card for someone who was ill, but a get well card wasn't appropriate and I thought of Sue's card and how I could adapt it.  It is quite different from my usual cards as the card I used is glossy photo card and the colours are bolder than I would usually use.


I started by making a 6x6 card out of some dark pearl card I had in my stash and on top matted a cream piece of card that I had pierced with my Tim Holtz ruler.  Next I printed a glossy piece of card from my Klever Konstruction My Craft Studio CD and then cut the middle edges using the Classic Scallop Edgeabilities.


Next I took two pieces of contrasting ribbon and wove them in and out of the border … it took a while and I didn't get it right first go as I had to keep altering the tension until I was happy with it.  As I have mentioned before bows are a bit of a trial for me, so I actually took a cream piece of ribbon and made a bunny ears shape and then hot glued a single loop of brown ribbon then had a look.  It still looked a bit thin so I did another piece of brown ribbon and made another wider set of bunny ears and  hot glued the cream and brown piece on top of them.  Well it looks like a bow to me!  With all the glue for the woven bits of ribbon and then the glue for the bow, there was a bit of a mess to cover so I got a large button and threaded through another piece of ribbon and tied a small bow and stuck it on top of the big bow.  I finished off with a hat pin, I have had the pins for ages and love the look when they are put on bows, but as I don’t make that many bows I hardly ever use them, so here was my chance.


The sentiment was printed on the PC and then cut out using a punch and matted on one of the Parisian Accents, with a bit of inking round the edge.  All that was left was the inner for the card, so I took the same image from MCS that I used for the card front and faded it down a bit, added a shape with a border and then added my message, and it was done.

Not a real blooper on this one ... more that I never get the corners quite right when I do the piercing round the edge of a card.  I hope the recipient didn't notice it, but it still bugs me when I look at the top photo!

Have a crafty week everyone.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!