Thursday 31 October 2013

My Paper Stash Decoupage

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is hale and hearty.

These are the samples I made for the My Paper Stash Four Day Deal as I mentioned last week.  I was a bit of a scramble to get them done as the printer at my mums house stopped working and the computer in my crafty space died of old age – what a nightmare – and I only had two evenings to do the samples.  Fortunately I had printed of the decoupage sheets before the printer stopped working so I at least had them, if nothing else printed to go with them.

Anyway due to time pressures the cards are not too fancy but I have to say the colours are really lovely in the sheets that I saw, the best description I can think of is vintage pastel.  As I only finished them at gone midnight I really, really do have to apologise for the photography as I know the colours have not come out true to life.  If I used the flash it bleached out the colours and if I didn't use the flash the colours looked darker and there are shadows all over the pictures.  I have posted photos both with and without flash so hopefully between the two you can get some idea of the colours:



I really liked the colours of the heart decoupage but I am not sure that either of my cards did it justice, the card above is silver pearl card which was then embossed and the decoupage added on top with a fair bit of glitter and a few gems.  I actually heat embossed the sentiment which is quite brave for me - stamping can be a bit hit and miss when I'm doing it, but I think it came out okay.


This card I was really pleased with when I finished it, but now I look at the photos I am not sure I like it at all.  The heart decoupage is lovely but I think the colour of the flourishes is just not right.  The flourish is the Tattered Lace Elegant Flourish in blue and white pearl and the background card is pale pink.


On to the balloons, which again I thought was in lovely colours so for the first one I embossed a piece of Coredinations card and sanded it back and then put the decoupage on top and added a few gems.  Looking at the photos though, it is just too plain, it definitely needs something else!


I have only got a without flash picture of this one which is a shame as the chocolate colour card that I used for matting and layering had a lovely sheen to it as did the gold background card, but you just can't see it in this picture.


I love butterflies and these are in lavender so my favourite sheet of the lot.  You can see the glue on the three gems is still wet on the second picture - hot off the press!  Just some matting and layering here with loads of glitter.


The final one I didn't decoupage but used the butterflies separately and cut round the butterflies on the topper with a craft knife and managed not to either cut my finger off or one of the wings off the butterfly.  I think this is my favourite out of this set.  The flower is another Tattered Lace die, a daisy this time which I paper pieced and added some gems.

Well I am off to see the new computer that OH should be bringing home from work today.  We knew that the old PC didn't have much life left in it but hoped it would hang on a bit longer!  Will have to think about a printer for mums next month as I want to have a look round the Hobbycrafts at the NEC next week and my bank balance always suffers a bit afterwards!  I am going on Friday as I usually do, I love looking around when I would usually be at work and it means that I can still go to lunch with mum on Saturday.

Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!