Tuesday 6 May 2014

Chloe Handbag Card for Mothers Day

Hi everyone

I am back from my holidays and had such a fantastic time, I have taken literally hundreds of photos which I am just going through so I can get rid of the blurry ones and do my Project Life Album.   I have added one photo at the end, I just couldn't resist as it was taken on my favourite day of the holiday (but I did have three favourite days!)

I made this card before I went away and left it for my mum with a little present as I would be away on the Sunday.  So here it is and it's a stamping project! Yes, I made a whole focal element with stamping.  I am definitely getting much braver with stamps and I think that using Clear Perfect Medium somehow suits me better than stamping with colour, but it might be that I am not confident enough and should just go for it.


Anyway I started off with an 8x8 card and ran a quickie glue pen round the outside and dipped it in crystal glitter.  I then did some matting and layering with some paper I had in my stash and some more white card finishing up with a Labels 1 die cut.  I cut a couple of the smaller Labels 1 dies for my sentiment which was printed on the computer, then I was ready to stamp!


I used the Glam Clutch Bag Stamp from Chloe Crafts with Wow Embossing Powder and Clear Perfect Medium; stamped it twice on white card and once on the paper then cut them out.  I used the quickie glue pen again to glitter up the embellishment on the front of the bag with crystal glitter and silver glitter then used foam pads and a bit of glue to layer them up.  The top part of the bag was done with Chloe's Sparklicious Glitter, which is just lovely - and I'm not much of a glitter fan -  I think Chloe's stamps have converted me a bit!  The bag was finished with some plastic beady/ribbony stuff from my stash, some gems from my stash and the big glittery embellishment was again from Chloe Crafts.


When I assembled the card it just wasn't balanced, so I got out my Pretty Pretty Bow Die by Cheery Lynn and cut three large and three small and two sets of tails and made it into a rosette rather than a bow and finished it off with a button from my stash.  The tails are actually straight when they come out of the die, but I cut into them and bent them round and then added a bit more glitter.


I made a 7 x 7 inner on Craft Artist 2 with a simple message and a silhouette branch which I copied and manipulated so it was in all four corners.  The colour of the branch was actually black to start with but I faded it out until you could hardly see it and then used the quickie glue pen and some crystal glitter to go round the whole image.  It did take a little while to do but it looked really pretty and just put the finishing touch to the card.

No bloopers this time, although I should really have stamped the bag out a couple more times to give me more options on how to stack the flowers on the front.

Well that's it from me, hope you liked the card and thanks for reading.  Special thanks to Craftysusan who left a lovely message about my blog on the blue card post.

Have a great week.

Amazing!!  It was such a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!