Sunday 3 August 2014

An 80th Birthday Card for a Retired Archbishop

Hi Everyone

The weather here has been amazingly hot, just so humid.  The office I work in is air conditioned, so when I get back into my non air conditioned car at the end of the day I am almost melting after my journey home. However, it seems wrong to moan about good weather and everyone feels better when the sun is out.

This weeks card is for my OHs uncle who is a retired Archbishop, so I had to think of something that looked appropriate but wasn't too fussy.  As you can see it is Sue Wilson inspired, but as usual although I loved Sue's card, I didn't have any of the dies that Sue used on her card, so this is my interpretation.


Although you can't really see from the photo the two crosses are in silver mirri and all the rest of the card is white.  First I printed the sentiment from the pc onto a plain piece of card and scored above and below the text.  Next I cut two Spellbinder borders from the Parisian Accents set and also three crosses from the Spellbinder Crosses 2 set.  I was a bit cross myself when I tried to layer them up as they didn't really fit so I had to jiggle them about quite a bit to make them look even.


I glued the borders back to back and layered on the crosses and finally added pearls to try and draw your eyes away from the join a bit.  I stuck it all together and then layered that on another piece of card that I had already pricked to make a border and that was that!


I wasn't there for his birthday celebration but am told that he really liked the card ... so a very Happy Birthday to OH's uncle!

Hope you have a great and crafty week, thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!