Saturday 24 August 2013

Paintbox Poppets Birthday Card

Good afternoon, I hope everyone is having a great Bank Holiday weekend.

A few weeks ago someone told me that I should put the Pinterest button on my pictures.  I am not that technical so for me it was easier said than done, however it is on there now if anyone feels the urge to 'pin'.  I have had a look on Pinterest and pinned a few cards I like but I am still not entirely sure what it is all about!

Anyway, back to the card ... I made this card last year for my sister in law and it was a bit of a different style for me as I don't usually do the matting quite so randomly, but I quite liked it once it was done.


I started with an 8x8 card and printed out the backing paper from a Wild Rose Studio Spring CD that I have had for some time, I printed off enough that I could cut the bottom layer out as well as a few of the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourishes.  I ran a piece of Centura Pearl through my Regal Mbossability and wrapped a piece of seam binding ribbon with a bow round the card.  The sentiment was printed off, inked round the edge and then burnished onto an old button I had in my stash box.

I used this Paintbox Poppets picture as my nieces are twins and I thought it would make the picture a bit more relevant.  I know the photo isn't very good and it looks quite flat but the die cut decoupage on the Paintbox Poppets sheets is really lovely and intricate ... tiny bits that I couldn't cut out if I spent years on it!

Next I cut up a couple of the Fanciful Flourishes and arranged the pieces along with a couple of whole flourishes, stuck them down and then put the decoupage piece on the top and it was finished.

There wasn't really a blooper this time either, the bow took ages as usual (even for me) and I really wasn't happy when I finished it so I sprayed on a bit of water and scrunched it up which covered up the bits I didn't like.

That's it from me, hope you all have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love hearing from other crafters so please leave a crafty comment. Thanks for stopping by!